Samsung unveils Smartphone GamePad controller
Samsung has just announced a new gaming controller for Android smartphones which allows you to have more control over your games called the SmartPhone GamePad. It features a steel frame with black plastic along with two analogue sticks, 8-way D-Pad, 4 face buttons, shoulder buttons, and the Start and Select buttons. The middle Play button links directly to the Samsung App store to display compatible GamePad games for you to try or buy as default however it is unknown if it can be remapped.
The Samsung SmartPhone Gamepad can hold devices from 4″ to 6.3″ in size for direct control or it can be paired with devices using Bluetooth or NFC, which greatly speeds up the pairing process.
Below are the specifications:
- Compatibility: Android OS 4.1 more (Optimised for Samsung devices with Android 4.3 more)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® v3.0, NFC (Samsung devices with Android 4.3 more), 3.0 class 2, HID
- Control Keys: – D-Pad (8 way)
– 2 Analog Sticks
– 4 Action buttons and 2 Trigger buttons
– Select button and Start button
– PLAY button (Samsung devices with Android 4.3 more)
- Dimension: 137.78 x 86.47 x 31.80mm, 195g
- Battery: Rechargeable 160mA
- Color: Black
No word as of yet in terms of availability and pricing but I hope it is affordable enough to reach out to not only the more serious mobile gamers but to the casual ones too.