How To: Use the Playstation Eyetoy camera as a Windows XP Webcam
This is a guide on how to use your Playstation 2 Eye Toy camera as a webcam for Windows XP. You can check what version of EyeToy camera you have by looking at the underside, you should have something like this…
- Namtai EyeToy (SLEH 31) – Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
- Logitech EyeToy (SLEH 30) – Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
- Windows x64 – Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
If you have the SILVER EyeToy then use the “31” driver.
- First download the required drivers somewhere on your computer and then extract the files in a folder for ease of use (like your desktop for example).
- Plug in the EyeToy.
- Windows should then start looking for the drivers and will probably say it can’t find any. Simply point Windows to where you extracted the files and it should start to install. Also when it asks for permission to install (under WinXP) just click on Yes.
- Once all that is done another window should pop up asking if you live in a 50Hz or 60Hz region.
50Hz = Europe, 60Hz = Japan + USA. Thats it!
I hope that helps people to those stuck on getting the device working as a cheap webcam!